Monday, October 14, 2013

These are a Few of My Favorite Things.........

     Hello Friends! I hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend! So, I've been meaning to compile a list of some of my favorite hair products and tools. Today is as good a day as any! Here we go.....!


I am LOVING the Vivids color line by Pravana. These colors are super vibrant and seem to stay in better than any other line of "fashion" colors I have used in the past. (They also have a line of pastels that I have yet to try, but I look forward to using.)


 Big Sexy Hair's Root Pump Plus is my all-time favorite root lifting foam. Use on towel dried hair by spraying on root in the areas you would like more volume, blowdry. It really grits up your root to give your style better hold and more body.








 Another winner from Sexy Hair is Big Sexy Hair's Spray and Play Harder. This firm hold spray has a great hold! (I use it on all my updos, and daily at home!) It's fairly light weight, meaning it won't make your hair flat or weigh it down. It's not labeled as a "Freezing Spray" but I would say it is up there in hold with them. It's scent is not floral or too acidic smelling.






Thicken Up Styling Liquid by Paul Mitchell is my go-to thickening agent. Super light weight, great smell, and NOT STICKY, this product is amazing. Use on damp hair, applying with you hands near the root, working down towards the ends. Blowdry and enjoy!









Yet another from Sexy Hair. Big Sexy Hair Powder Play will give you the most volume and texture you could ever need! This stuff is good! If you have a big night out or really need your style to have volume and hold, sprinkle this powder on dry hair, (carefully, it comes out fast) on your root in the areas you need a boost. Tease for extra volume! It grits your hair like no other and really helps to hold the tease! A word of advice... Don't use everyday as it may dry your hair out. You may also have to shampoo the next day as this stuff is STRONG. 




As you can tell I am a big fan of the Sexy Hair line. I also love Paul Mitchell. I currently use mostly Paul Mitchell color, aside from my new found love for Vivids. Most of my tools are by Paul Mitchell. I love my Express Ion Dry v.1 Dryer. It has a nice weight to it. Not too heavy but not so light that it feels like a toy.




     Being as I'm a hairstylist, my lust for knowledge and cutting edge tools and products tends to make me fall in love with something one month, then like something completely different the next! Don't be surprised if I write about some new "Favorite Things" in a couple months. But other than the Vivids, I have been using everything on this page fairly religiously for years. I don't see my love for these products changing anytime in the near future, but you never know! 

             "I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out."

No comments:

Post a Comment