Friday, November 22, 2013

Tips for Keeping Haircolor Fresh, Longer.





   With Candy-Colored locks being popular right now, I thought it would be a great time to write a bit about haircolor maintenance.




The following are some tips on keeping your color brighter, longer!

1) Shampoo using cool water. (The colder the better, as cold as you can be comfortable is best.) This will keep the color locked into your hair better and will help keep colors from bleeding into one another, if you have multiple shades.

2) Use a professional sulfate-free shampoo, specifically designed for color treated hair. (My Favorite is Goldwell DualSenses Green - True Color.) 

3) When showering, don't keep your hair directly under the flow of the water. Only wet it when you are shampooing and conditioning

4) Try to avoid shampooing daily. Invest in a nice dry shampoo if you have oily hair. Shampooing daily is a sure-fire way for your color to fade very quickly. (I "wash" twice a week. Once with shampoo and conditioner, the other time with just conditioner. I have dry hair, so this works best for me as shampoo tends to dry me out more.) 

I hope you have found these tips helpful! Happy coloring!


               "Try to be  rainbow in someone's cloud."




2 comments: